|Brandy/Port /sherry||2 Ounce|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a small saucepan, warm brandy. Add raisins, remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat butter; add onion and garlic. Saute about 5 minutes, until soft.
3. Stir in rice and curry powder; saute for 5 minutes, until rice is translucent.
4. Add stock, bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Bring raisin mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until liquid disappears.
6. Add to rice with pine nuts. Cover and continue to simmer about 7 minutes longer, until all liquid has disappeared.