Instant Rava Handvo
|Sooji||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fine, semolina)|
|Thick buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green chillies||3 , finely chopped|
|Vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (as per choice carrot, beans, spinach, onion, capsicum, cabbage etc.)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Mix all ingredients, except for soda.
2. Make a thickish batter, adding buttermilk accordingly.
3. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Now gently mix in soda.
5. Put a medium heavy saucepan or kadai to heat.
6. Add very few of both seeds.
7. Allow to splutter. Pour 1 ladleful batter.
8. Cover and allow cooking on very low.
9. When the base turns crisp and golden brown, flip over.
10. Allow the other side to become crisp.
11. Repeat with remaining batter.