Instant Rava Handvo
|Sooji||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fine, semolina)|
|Thick buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green chillies||3 , finely chopped|
|Vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (as per choice carrot, beans, spinach, onion, capsicum, cabbage etc.)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Mix all ingredients, except for soda.
2. Make a thickish batter, adding buttermilk accordingly.
3. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Now gently mix in soda.
5. Put a medium heavy saucepan or kadai to heat.
6. Add very few of both seeds.
7. Allow to splutter. Pour 1 ladleful batter.
8. Cover and allow cooking on very low.
9. When the base turns crisp and golden brown, flip over.
10. Allow the other side to become crisp.
11. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 854 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 777.3 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 84.6% Vitamin C 135.1%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet