Moong Dal Chillahs With Paneer
|Moong dal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Split Green Gram)|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Paneer||200 Gram, cut into 3 inch long fingers (Cottage Cheese)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Mixed Spices)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Soak dal for 3-4 hours only. Do not soak for a longer period.
2. Strain. Grind with 1 cup water to a smooth batter. Add about 1/2 cup water to get a pouring consistency.
3. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp chilli powder. Keep aside.
4. Prepare the paneer by heating 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garam masala & 1/2 tsp red chilli pd. Shut off the gas.
5. Add paneer pieces & mix gently with the oil.
6. Return to fire, fry for a few seconds. Remove from pan. Keep aside.
7. Heat a non-stick pan (not too hot), smear 1 tsp oil in the centre.
8. Spread one karchi (1/4 cup) of batter to make a chillah of about 4" diameter.
9. Pour some oil on the sides.
10. Turn over.
11. Heat one prepared paneer piece on the side of the pan.
12. Remove chillah and paneer from the pan.
13. Place the paneer piece at one end of the chillah. Roll it up.
14. Serve hot with poodina chutney or any other sauce.
15. To make the next chillah, put off the gas. Cool the pan by sprinkling some water. Wipe clean.
16. Smear 1 tsp oil in the centre. Spread a karchi of batter.
17. Return to fire & proceed as before.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1169 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg6.7%
Sodium 1792.6 mg74.7%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.7%
Dietary Fiber 25.6 g102.4%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 75 g149.9%
Vitamin A 52.8% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 60% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet