|Maida||3 Cup (48 tbs) (white flour)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required, to knead the dough)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Haldi||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Turmeric powder)|
|Dhania jeera powder||1 Tablespoon (powder of coriander and cumin seeds)|
|Amchur||1 Teaspoon (dried unripe mango powder)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||6|
|Jeera||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Cumin seeds)|
|Hing||1 Pinch (asafoetida)|
1. Mix thoroughly maida and salt.
2. Knead the dough hard and leave for 1-2 hours.
1. Peel boiled potatoes and chop them fine. Boil fresh green peas.
2. Put jeera, hing and finely chopped green chillies in a karahi. Saute till the chilli changes colour to whitish.
3. Add haldi, red chilli powder, boiled peas and chopped potatoes.
4. Mix thoroughly, adding salt, sugar, amchur and coriander. Saute.
5. Switch off the burner and allow the mixture to cool.
6. Shape the dough into small balls. Roll the balls sufficiently thin and cut them into halves.
7. Turn each half into a cone and stick it with water.
8. Stuff each cone with the above filling and close the edges. Make about 4-5 samosas.
9. Bake them till golden brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1952 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2339.4 mg97.5%
Total Carbohydrates 413 g137.5%
Dietary Fiber 31.4 g125.5%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 58 g116.4%
Vitamin A 74.3% Vitamin C 273.8%
Calcium 29% Iron 169%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet