|Paneer||400 Gram (cottage cheese)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Kilogram, sliced finely (1/2 kg)|
|Khus khus||1 Tablespoon (poppy seeds)|
|Fresh curd||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , blanched|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (approx)|
|Oil||6 Tablespoon (for frying, 4 Tbsp plus 2 Tbsp)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Red chilli powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄4 Teaspoon (mixed spices)|
1. Cut paneer into rectangular pieces of about 1/2" thickness.
2. Heat oil and deep fry the paneer to a light colour. Keep aside.
3. Soak khus-khus in 2-3 tbsp water for 15 minutes.
4. Heat 4 tbsp oil and fry onions till they turn golden brown.
5. Remove from fire. Grind to a wet brown paste with 1/4 cup water.
6. Grind kaju and the soaked khus-khus to a wet white paste.
7. Heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the brownish paste and cook on low heat till golden brown in colour.
8. Add beaten curd and cook till the paste turns brown again. (3-4 minutes).
9. Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from water and peel the skin to blanch them.
10. Add the blanched, chopped tomatoes. Cook till oil separates. Keep mashing while cooking.
11. Add kaju paste and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
12. Add milk and enough water to get a thick gravy.
13. Add salt, pepper, red chilli pd. & garam masala. Boil the gravy and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
14. Add the fried paneer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2125 Calories from Fat 1338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g237%
Saturated Fat 26.7 g133.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.6 mg19.5%
Sodium 3449.7 mg143.7%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76.2%
Sugars 58.4 g
Protein 81 g161.8%
Vitamin A 73.3% Vitamin C 118.5%
Calcium 101% Iron 43.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet