Sweet Sour Pakora Burgers
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained and chopped fine (1 can)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Soy sauce||6 Teaspoon (4 teaspoons for meat and 2 teaspoons for sauce)|
|Canned sliced pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Tomato||1 Large, cut in 4 slices|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked hot rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (3/4 cup uncooked)|
1. Combine ground beef, chopped water chestnuts, egg and 4 teaspoons soy sauce in a large bowl; mix lightly with a fork. Divide mixture in half.
2. Shape half into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Shape two thirds of remaining, then other third, into 4 medium-size and 4 small patties. (Keep all 12 patties evenly thick so they will cook in the same time.) Place, close together, on rack in broiler pan.
3. Broil, following the manufacturer's directions, for 4 minutes; turn. Place pineapple and tomato slices beside meat; dot with 3 tablespoons of the butter or margarine; sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Broil 4 minutes longer for medium or until meat is done as you like it.
4. Blend cornstarch, molasses and the 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a small saucepan; add water. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thicken and boil for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, lemon juice and green onions.
5. When ready to serve, spoon rice onto 4 serving plates; place a pineapple slice on each; top each with a large meat patty, tomato slice, medium-size patty, cucumber slice and small meat patty. Spoon some of the sauce over each, then serve remaining separately. Garnish each with a kumquat "flower," if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3754 Calories from Fat 2213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 247 g380.7%
Saturated Fat 106.5 g532.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 852.8 mg284.3%
Sodium 2320.8 mg96.7%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g83.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.6%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 140 g280.3%
Vitamin A 149.6% Vitamin C 165.5%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 109.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet