Paneer Tawa Masala
|Paneer||300 Gram, cut into 1/2" thick rectangle of size 8" x 3" approximately|
|Curd||200 Gram (1 Cup, From Full Cream Milk)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange red color||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For dry masala|
|Green cardamom||6 (Choti Elaichi)|
|Cinnamon stick||4 (Dalchini)|
|Carom seeds||1 Teaspoon (Ajwain)|
1. Grind chhoti illaichi, laung, dalchini and ajwain together. Keep this dry masala aside.
2. Keep the curd in a fine strainer or tie in a muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
3. Add salt, chilli pd. and enough colour to give the curd a bright orange colour.
4. Cover the paneer slab with this curd and keep in a greased tray for at least 15-20 minutes.
5. Heat the oven to 200°C. Keep the paneer which is marinated in curd in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or till the curd dries up and forms a coating.
6. Turn the paneer carefully with a sharp spatula.
7. Keep it in the oven for 5-7 minutes if it is wet on this side.
8. Remove from the oven & keep aside.
9. Cut each capsicum into 8 pieces to get 1" pieces of capsicum. Cut each onion into four pieces and separate the onion leaves. Cut tomatoes into 8 pieces. Remove pulp
10. Heat 1 1/2. tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add 1 tsp of the prepared dry masala pd.
11. Immediately put the slab of paneer. Cook on slow fire for 1 minute. Do not let it turn black.
12. Turn the slab again. Remove from pan. Keep aside.
13. At the time of serving, keep the paneer in a hot oven for 5-7 minutes till it gets soft and heated properly.
14. In the meantime, heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan, add 1 tsp dry masala pd, add the capsicum & onions immediately. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt on the vegetables. Mix well.
16. Serve these vegetables around the heated paneer kept in a flat serving dish.
17. Give cuts to the paneer slab diagonally, 1" apart, and then a cross cut, keeping the slab together.