Indian Suji Halwa
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sooji)|
|Ghee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Make It Less Fattening By Adding A Little Less)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. In a pan, heat ghee.
2 After the ghee melts, add semolina. Keep stirring it on low flame until it becomes brown and the aroma fills the room.
3. Add milk slowly so that there no lumps are formed. Keep stirring until milk dries up.
4. Divide this mixture into two equal parts in the pan.
5. Add sugar equivalent to one part and mix well.
6. Once your sugar is dissolved, your halwa is ready.
7. Serve Indian Suji Halwa garnished with almonds or chopped nuts of your choice.
Calories 982 Calories from Fat 465
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.6%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.2 mg46.4%
Sodium 34.8 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 54.5 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.7% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet