Rice Pudding With Cardamom And Saffron
|Basmati rice/Null||3 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Semi skimmed milk/Null||2 Pint (1.25 Liters)|
|Green cardamom seeds/Null||6 (From 1 Cardamom)|
|Ground almonds/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Sugar/Null||8 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Saffron strands/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon, lightly crushed (Null)|
|Flaked almonds/Null||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
|Ground pistachio nuts/Null||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
1. Rinse the rice well, put it in a large heavy-based saucepan and add half the milk. Add the cardamom seeds and bring to the boil slowly over a very low heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 10 minutes, until all the milk has been absorbed by the rice, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from the heat and mash the rice, preferably using a wooden masher and making swift round movements, for at least 5 minutes.
3. Return to the heat and add the ground almonds. Gradually stir in the remaining milk and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the sugar and stir for a further 5-7 minutes, or until the pudding is quite thick.
5. Add the saffron strands and cook for a further minute before transferring it to a serving dish.
6. Garnish with the flaked almonds and ground pistachio nuts, and silver leaf.