Methi Malai Paneer
|Cottage cheese/Null||200 Gram, cut into small cubes (Paneer)|
|Shelled boiled peas/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
|Cinnamon stick/Null||1⁄2 (Dalchini)|
|Cardamom/Null||2 (Moti Ilaichi)|
|Cashewnuts/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Oil/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Onion/Null||1 , grated (Null)|
|White pepper powder/Null||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Cream/Null||75 Gram (1/2 Cup, Malai)|
|Dry fenugreek leaves/Null||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
1. Crush together dalchini, laung and seeds of moti illaichi on a chakla-belan. Keep the masala aside.
2. Grind cashewnuts separately on the chakla-belan.
3. Heat oil. Add grated onion and cook on low heat till oil separates. Do not let the onions turn brown.
4. Add the crushed masala and pepper powder. Cook for a few seconds.
5. Add kasoori methi and malai, cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes till malai dries up.
6. Add boiled peas and paneer.
7. Add cashewnuts and cook for a few seconds.
8. Add enough milk to get a thick gravy.
9. Add salt and sugar to taste.