Methi Malai Paneer
|Cottage cheese/Null||200 Gram, cut into small cubes (Paneer)|
|Shelled boiled peas/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
|Cinnamon stick/Null||1⁄2 (Dalchini)|
|Cardamom/Null||2 (Moti Ilaichi)|
|Cashewnuts/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Oil/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Onion/Null||1 , grated (Null)|
|White pepper powder/Null||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Cream/Null||75 Gram (1/2 Cup, Malai)|
|Dry fenugreek leaves/Null||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
1. Crush together dalchini, laung and seeds of moti illaichi on a chakla-belan. Keep the masala aside.
2. Grind cashewnuts separately on the chakla-belan.
3. Heat oil. Add grated onion and cook on low heat till oil separates. Do not let the onions turn brown.
4. Add the crushed masala and pepper powder. Cook for a few seconds.
5. Add kasoori methi and malai, cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes till malai dries up.
6. Add boiled peas and paneer.
7. Add cashewnuts and cook for a few seconds.
8. Add enough milk to get a thick gravy.
9. Add salt and sugar to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1022 Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.2%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg12.2%
Sodium 1245.4 mg51.9%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 41 g82.7%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 52.6% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet