|Besan||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (gram flour)|
|Gram flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Frying oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Teaspoon (few)|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. Cut onion into thin 1/2" length wisepieces. Add salt to it. Keep aside for 5 - 10 minutes
2. Add besan, cornflour , finely chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and 2 tsp oil to the chopped onion.
3. Mix nicely. (No need to add water as the onion leaves a good amount of water. If necessary just sprinkle a few drops of water) Don't make the batter too thin.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and put about one spoon full of onion mix to oil. You can make 8-10 pakodas at a time. Fry until brown in colour.
5. Serve hot with Chutney/Tomato Ketchup.