|Besan||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (gram flour)|
|Gram flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Frying oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Teaspoon (few)|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. Cut onion into thin 1/2" length wisepieces. Add salt to it. Keep aside for 5 - 10 minutes
2. Add besan, cornflour , finely chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and 2 tsp oil to the chopped onion.
3. Mix nicely. (No need to add water as the onion leaves a good amount of water. If necessary just sprinkle a few drops of water) Don't make the batter too thin.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and put about one spoon full of onion mix to oil. You can make 8-10 pakodas at a time. Fry until brown in colour.
5. Serve hot with Chutney/Tomato Ketchup.
Calories 1668 Calories from Fat 1311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220.1%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g119.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 250.3 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 59.6%
Calcium 7% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet