1. Prepare soft dough first and keep aside.
2. Grind chana dal coarsely, adding very little water in a mixer. Add jeera powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, garam masala and salt and let the mixer run for 3-5 minute as it will add some air to batter to make it light
3. Boil large amount of water in a big vessel. Add some salt to it.
4. Divide dough in small portions i.e. lemon sized balls and make thin puris out of it.
5. Put 1 tbsp full of chana dal on a puri and fold it like gujjia sealing the edges completely.
6. Put it in the boiling water and let it cook for 10-15 minute or till done.