Chana Dal Bhel
|Chana dal||100 Gram|
|Ginger piece||1 Small|
|Chili||2 Gram, finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Skimmed Milk)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||14 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Soak the chana dal overnight. Drain the water in the morning.
2. Take 1/2 of the dal. Add to it the ginger, green chilli, curd and grind it coarsely.
3. Add to this mixture, the remaining whole dal along with salt and turmeric powder. Keep this mixture covered for 6 hours.
4. Add soda bi carbonate, lemon juice and sugar to the mixture.
5. Put this mixture on idli stand, steam & cook it
6. When cooked, crumble it.
7. Take a tsp, add hing and mustard powder and heat it. Add this to the crumbled mixture.
8. In a pan, saute garlic and onions till golden brown. To this add the curry leaves and mix it to the crumbled mixture.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.