|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Ghee/Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds/Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
1. Put the sugar and yeast in a cup with 150 ml / 1/4 pint warm warm water. Mix well until the yeast has dissolved and leave for 10 minutes, or until frothy.
2. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle, add the ghee or butter and salt and pour in the yeast mixture. Mix well, using your hands and adding a little more water if required to achieve a soft and pliable dough.
3. Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
4. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 3-4 hours, or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat a very hot grill and line the grill pan with foil. Grease the foil lightly with corn oil.
6. Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead it for a further 2 minutes. Break it into 6 small balls with your hand and pat these into rounds about 12.5 cm / 5 inches in diameter and about 1 cm / 1/2 inch thick.
7. Place 2 or 3 of the rounds in the grill pan, brush with some of the olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds. Grill under the preheated grill for 7-10 minutes, turning twice, brushing with olive oil and sprinkling with sesame or poppy seeds each time until golden and lightly puffed up. Wrap the naan in foil to keep warm, while you cook the rest.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1677 Calories from Fat 842
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g147.1%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 40.2 mg13.4%
Sodium 1941.2 mg80.9%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g62.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 15 g29.6%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet