|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Besan)|
|Buttermilk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Hing)|
|Ginger piece||1 (1/2 Inch)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||3 Tablespoon|
1. Make a paste of green chillies and ginger.
2. Mix the gram flour (besan), buttermilk, turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chilli paste and salt very well.
3. Heat the mixture and keep stirring constantly.
4. When it is very thick, test by spreading a little paste on a plate. If after about 1 minute, the mixture can be rolled and lifted, it is ready for spreading.
5. When ready, spread the mixture thinly (with the help of the back of a spoon) on any working surface.
6. Cool and cut in about 50 mm. (2") strips.
7. Roll up the strips (like small rolls) and arrange them.
8. Heat the vessel and roast the mustard seeds.
9. When the seeds start popping, remove from fire, add the asafoetida and pour over the arranged rolls.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 733 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 461.8 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.3%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 51 g102.7%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 163.4%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet