|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Besan)|
|Buttermilk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Hing)|
|Ginger piece||1 (1/2 Inch)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||3 Tablespoon|
1. Make a paste of green chillies and ginger.
2. Mix the gram flour (besan), buttermilk, turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chilli paste and salt very well.
3. Heat the mixture and keep stirring constantly.
4. When it is very thick, test by spreading a little paste on a plate. If after about 1 minute, the mixture can be rolled and lifted, it is ready for spreading.
5. When ready, spread the mixture thinly (with the help of the back of a spoon) on any working surface.
6. Cool and cut in about 50 mm. (2") strips.
7. Roll up the strips (like small rolls) and arrange them.
8. Heat the vessel and roast the mustard seeds.
9. When the seeds start popping, remove from fire, add the asafoetida and pour over the arranged rolls.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves