|Black gram||4 Cup (64 tbs), split|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash and soak dal and rice together in plenty of water for about 6-7 hours.
2. Drain and grind it into a smooth paste. You should be able to feel the fine grainy texture when you rub a little paste between your fingers.
3. The batter should also be thick enough to shape the vadas.
4. Add all ingredients and beat well, as beating incorporates air and makes the vadas fluffy.
5. Take an idli sized lump.
6. Make a hole in the middle with thumb.
7. Steam the vadas in an idli stand.
8. Bake the vadas in an oven.
9. Remove when they turn golden brown.