Bharawan Chutney Idli
|Suji||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fruit salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Eno)|
|Non fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For curry patta chutney|
|Chopped coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grind all ingredients of the chutney together to a thick rough paste with 3-4 tbsp water.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed kadhai. Add suji. Dry roast for 2-3 minutes, on medium flame, stirring continuously. Remove from fire.
3. Add salt. Mix well. Allow it to cool.
4. Add curd, water and Eno fruit salt. Beat welL
5. Pour 1 tbsp mixture in all the cups of idli stand. Spread 1 tsp chutney in the center of each idli. On the chutney, put the second spoon of suji batter, such that the chutney is sandwiched between 2 spoons of idli batter.
6. To steam, put 1" water in a big pressure cooker or a big pan with a well fitting lid and keep it on fire. Place the idli mould inside the cooker & put the lid after removing the whistle. Keep the gas on full flame.
7. After tltie water boils and the steam starts coming out, reduce flame. Keep for 15 minutes on medium flame. Insert a clean knife to see if the idli is done.
8. Switch off the fire and remove the idli from the mould with a clean knife, after cooling for 5 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.5 mg1.5%
Sodium 3629 mg151.2%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 35 g69.9%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 88.2%
Calcium 50.2% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet