|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Inch, peeled and chopped (2.5 Centimeter)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||3 , halved|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint (1.2 Liters)|
|Water||2 Pint (1.2 Liters)|
|Long grain white rice||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Red lentils||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated creamed coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon slices||8 (To Garnish)|
1. In a blender or food processor, puree the onion, garlic and ginger with the cayenne, coriander, cumin and turmeric to a smooth paste, scraping down the sides of the jug or bowl with a wooden or plastic spatula from time to time.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion paste over a moderate heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken breasts and cook, stirring, for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Slowly pour in the stock and measured water, stirring constantly. Add the rice and lentils and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
4. Remove the chicken, cut it into small pieces and set aside. Puree 900 ml (1 1/2 pints) of the soup mixture in a blender or food processor, then return it to the remaining soup in the pan. Add a little water if the soup is too thick and salt to taste.
5. Stir well, then add the lemon juice, coconut and reserved chicken pieces. Stir again and heat thoroughly without boiling for 3-5 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1938 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.9%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 328.1 mg109.4%
Sodium 2125.3 mg88.6%
Total Carbohydrates 196 g65.4%
Dietary Fiber 29.8 g119.1%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 181 g362.1%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 123.6%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 84.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet