Indian Dal Makhani
|Rajma||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole garam masala||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Kasuri methi powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Black urad dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak rajma and black urad dal for an hour before cooking it in a pressure cooker. Pressure-cook the pulses and lentil until al dente and mashed up.
2. In a pan, heat very little oil and lightly sauté cumin seeds and whole garam masala in it.
3. When they start to splutter, add ginger garlic paste and little turmeric into it and stir.
4. Add the tomato puree and cook it in low flame until it comes to a boil
5. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and cover it up with a lid.
6. Remove the lid and add butter into it.
7. Add the strained dal water to it and let it simmer for a while. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
8. Now add the dal into the mixture, mix well and allow it to slowly cook.
9. Crush the kasuri methi and add it to the mixture and stir well.
10. Once the dal comes to a boil, low the flame, cover it with a lid and allow it to cook for thirty more minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. When almost done, add cream into it and stir again.
12. Cover it and simmer it for another five minutes and your dal makhani is ready.
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.7 mg14.6%
Sodium 401.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 18 g36.8%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 36.7% Iron 49.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet