Indian Coconut Rice
|Cooked basmati rice||500 Gram|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Garlic ginger paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. To begin with, cut the coconut into small bits and transfer them into a blender.
2. Mix 2 cups of boiling water to the coconut and blend. Keep the coconut milk aside.
3. In a pressure cooker, heat oil, ghee, cloves, cardamom, and largely sliced onions. Sauté them until the onions are mildly brown.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, chilly powder and mix well.
5. Stir in 2 cups of coconut milk.
6. When the milk comes to a boil, add rice to it.
7. Cover the pressure cooker with the lid and wait for the rice to get cooked. Usually, 4 whsitles is recommended.
8. Once the rice is cooked, transfer it into a serving bowl and serve hot. Enjoy with chicken curry and potato korma.