Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha
|Bread||200 Gram, cut into triangles|
|Dry fruits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), for frying (Pure Ghee)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cardamom||3 , crushed|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Saffron||1 Pinch, diluted in milk|
1. In a pan, take two cups of water. Add two cups of sugar, crushed cardamom a little limejuice and bring the thin sugar syrup to a boil. Add saffron and stir. Remove from heat and keep aside.
2. In a deep pan, take the milk and bring it to a boil. Evaporate the milk until it's reduced to half.
3. Add a little sugar and keep stirring it until it thickens.
4. Take a deep pan, heat the ghee and shallow fry the bread till golden and crisp. Drain the excess oil and keep aside.
5. Fry the dry fruits lightly.
6. Now dip the bread into the syrup and let it soak for a few seconds. Remove and arrange it in a tray.
7. Sprinkle the fried nuts and dates on top of the bread.
8. Now pour the thickened milk on top of the bread. Allow it to cool.
9. Serve warm.
Calories 1883 Calories from Fat 993
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.6%
Saturated Fat 70.7 g353.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 286.4 mg95.5%
Sodium 450.4 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 166.7 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 39.1% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet