Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha
|Bread||200 Gram, cut into triangles|
|Dry fruits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), for frying (Pure Ghee)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cardamom||3 , crushed|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Saffron||1 Pinch, diluted in milk|
1. In a pan, take two cups of water. Add two cups of sugar, crushed cardamom a little limejuice and bring the thin sugar syrup to a boil. Add saffron and stir. Remove from heat and keep aside.
2. In a deep pan, take the milk and bring it to a boil. Evaporate the milk until it's reduced to half.
3. Add a little sugar and keep stirring it until it thickens.
4. Take a deep pan, heat the ghee and shallow fry the bread till golden and crisp. Drain the excess oil and keep aside.
5. Fry the dry fruits lightly.
6. Now dip the bread into the syrup and let it soak for a few seconds. Remove and arrange it in a tray.
7. Sprinkle the fried nuts and dates on top of the bread.
8. Now pour the thickened milk on top of the bread. Allow it to cool.
9. Serve warm.