Spicy Dahi Vada
|Urad dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
|Green chilies||2 , chopped|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Rinse urad dal well and soak it overnight.
2. Next day, transfer the soaked dal into a blender, add a little salt and grind it into smooth, thick paste.
3. In a pan, heat some oil and drop ladleful of batter into the oil and shallow fry until done.
4. Transfer the hot vadas into a bowl, soak up the excess oil with a tissue and dunk them in cold water for 2-3 minutes.
5. Take out the vadas from water and squeeze them softly until the water is completely drained and keep aside.
6. To prepare the yogurt, add cumin , green chilli, and coriander leaves to it and blend smooth. Add seasoning.
7. In a deep bowl, arrange the vadas and pour the yogurt on top. Top it with asafetida tempering and serve chilled.