Chicken And Coconut Curry
|Desiccated coconut||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Celery sticks||4 , washed, trimmed and sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, skinned and sliced|
|Red pepper||1 Large, seeded and sliced|
|Cooking apples||8 Ounce, peeled, cored and sliced (225 Gram)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Plain flour||60 Milliliter (4 Level Tablespoon)|
|Chicken||4 Pound, boned, skinned and the flesh cut into 1 inch cubes (1.8 Kilogram)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Coriander leaves/Parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Put the coconut and milk into an ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3—4 minutes until boiling. Remove this from the oven, cover and leave the milk to infuse for 30 minutes.
2. Strain the milk through a fine sieve into another bowl, pressing the coconut to extract all the juices, then reserve.
3. Put the oil into a large ovenproof casserole with the celery, onion, red pepper and apple and mix the ingredients together well. Cover the dish with a lid, or with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 5—6 minutes until the vegetables soften.
4. Uncover the dish and stir in the spices and the flour and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables and microwave on HIGH for 4—5 minutes until the pieces of chicken become opaque, turning over the pieces during the cooking time.
5. Pour the stock and coconut milk over the chicken and season it with salt and pepper. Stir well, then cover with a lid, or with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 6-8 minutes until boiling. Reduce the setting and microwave on LOW for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is very tender.
6. Leave it to stand for 5 minutes and sprinkle with coriander leaves or parsley just before serving.