Classic Poran Poli
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chana dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maida||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more, if required)|
1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt and ghee and add enough water to make soft dough.
2. Cook dal til soft, strain extra water and let it cool.
3. Mix dal and sugar, grind it in a smooth paste.
4. Place the dough in a vessel and cook , stirring till mixture can be formed into soft ball.
5. Take a little dough, flatten into round sheet, place a small of filling (pooran), cover it nicely.
6. Roll out to thin round shape.
7. Cook on hot pan(tawa), pour some ghee on it.
8. Serve hot.