Classic Paneer Pasanda
|Coriander sprig||1 , leaves taken|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cashew nuts||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Kasoori methi||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
1. To prepare this mughlai delight, firstly cut paneer into triangles. Slice the triangle pieces till 3/4th and do not cut in the end.
2. For the stuffings, in a mixing bowl add grated paneer, raisins, freshly chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, roasted cashew nut coarse powder and mix all the ingredients together well.
3. Put this sweet and tangy stuffing in between the slit triangle paneer pieces and keep aside.
4. Take equal quantities of maida and cornflour, add little water and form to a batter. Coat these stuffed paneer pieces with the batter well and fry them it slightly golden brown. Keep them aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add whole garam masala, cumin seeds, chopped onions and sauté.
6. Add salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric and chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook them till soft.
7. Add crushed cashew nuts, chilli powder and coriander powder, add little water and grind this in the mixie to a fine paste.
8. Pour this paste back into the pan, add water if the mixture is thick. Cover and cook till the raw flavors are gone.
9. Check for seasoning.
10. Add pinch of sugar, kasturi methi powder, and little cream to make it rich.
11. Add the fried paneer to this and cook it for a while in low flame. Remove from gas and top it off with amchur powder.
12. Serve hot.
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg2.7%
Sodium 517.2 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet