Traditional Purnam Burelu
|Cardamom powder||1 Pinch|
|Channa dal||200 Gram|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Urad dal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Boil channa dal and cook till it is well cooked and drain all water when hot , and let it dry on paper towel if needed
2. Powder it in food processor.
3. Add jaggery to channa dal powder and cook till thick, flavor with cardamom powder.
4. Make small dumplings of this dough.
5. Put them in the batter and deep fry in fresh hot oil ( add rice flour in the batter if the batter is thin or not coating the sweet dough properly).
6. Serve hot.