Masala Prawn And Vegetable Samosas
|Filo pastry sheets||12|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Peeled cooked prawns||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Fromage frais||4 Tablespoon (Virtually Fat-Free)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||4 , thinly sliced|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 , deseeded and diced|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Sweet corn kernels||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Keep the sheets of pastry rolled together under a damp cloth as otherwise they dry out fast and become difficult to work with. Rinse the prawns and pat them dry with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, mix together the tomato puree, garam masala, chilli powder, ground coriander, garlic, ginger, salt, fromage frais, fresh coriander and lemon juice, together with 4 tablespoons water.
3. Transfer this mixture to a kadahi, wok or deep frying pan and cook over a moderate heat for about 1 minute.
4 Add the prawns, mushrooms, pepper, carrot and sweetcorn. Stir-fry over a medium to low heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture has become fairly dry. Remove the mixture from the heat.
5. Working quickly with 2 or 3 sheets of pastry at a time and using a plate or saucer as a template, cut two or three 15-cm / 5-inch rounds from each sheet. Oil each round lightly and arrange 3 rounds on top of each other. Put about one-eighth of the prawn and vegetable mixture just to one side of the centre of the the pastry round and fold the pastry over to make a semi-circle. Press down lightly and seal by folding the edges two or three times like a hem and pinching. Brush the outside of the parcel lightly with oil.
6. Once all the samosas are made, put them in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes until just nicely golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2007 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.9%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1870.8 mg77.9%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.6%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 80 g160%
Vitamin A 299.5% Vitamin C 166.3%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet