|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Semolina||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Pistachio||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Raisin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dessicated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. In a bowl, place flour. Add some oil to the flour and mix it well. Add cardamom powder and sugar. Add enough water to make the dough, knead well. Refrigerate for an hour.
2. In a pan, heat oil, add semolina, roast for about a minute on low to medium flame.Add almonds and pistachio and roast for another minute.Allow to cool.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients of the filling.
4. Using a rolling pin, make a thin circle of the dough, use flour for dusting. Using a round object cut small cakes out of it.
5. Stuff the filling, fold it in half and close the edges tightly. Crimp the edges using your fingers. Repeat to make several gujia.
6. In a wok, heat oil and fry the canola until it turns light golden brown.
7. Serve with a beverage or with salty snacks.