Ven Pongal Making Made Easier
|Pepper corn||2 Tablespoon|
|Moong dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon, dry or wet|
|Cashew||1 Tablespoon, fried|
1. In a vessel, put moong dal and rice, wash and drain out the excess water.
2. In a wok, heat ghee, add pepper corns and cumin, curry leaves, fry for few seconds.
3. Add moong dal and rice, stir fry until the water dries.
4. Transfer to a pressure cooker, cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with coconut powder and cashew.
6. Serve with pudina chutney or any other chutney of your choice.
Calories 959 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.2 mg13.4%
Sodium 37.1 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 0.64%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet