Potato+ Onion curry is a very popular curry and is very useful in a large number of other dishes.. you can have it as a side dish with chapati or poori or rava dosa or as a stuffing in masala dosa, a sandwich, in aloo bondas etc..
4 , boiled, mashed
4 , chopped
Black mustard powder
4 , ground
1⁄2 Inch, ground
20 Gram, ground
1. Boil and mash potatoes.
2. Cut onion into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Ground green chili, ginger, curry leaves and cilantro leaves together.
4. In a wok, heat oil, add mustard seeds and jeera, when it sputters, add turmeric powder and the chili paste, allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add onions, cook covered on low flame till the water evaporates.
6. Add potato and salt, toss to combine all the ingredients, remove from fire, add lime juice and mix.
Which Indian isn’t fond of potato curry? Every state in India has its own style of making this dish. It is probably the first thing that every Indian girl learns to cook from her mother and the first dish that every Indian mother teaches her daughter to cook. This recipe of Potato and onion curry is a South Indian version and is so versatile that it can be eaten with chapatti or poori or rava dosa or used as a stuffing in masala dosa, a sandwich, or in aloo bondas.
Potato+Onion Curry Making Made Easier Recipe Video