|Long grain rice||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash rice and soak in cold water for 1 hour and drain the excess water.
2. Pre-heat the oven at 350F.
3. In a deep pan, heat butter, add onion, fry until it turns golden brown, add cardamons, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric and bay leaves, fry for another 2 minutes, add the rice and further cook for 2 minutes, add water and salt, cook covered for about 15 minutes of until the rice turns tender.
4. Bake at 350F, until the rice turns fluffy.
5. Serve hot with pickle or papad.