There are ways and ways to make coffee and varieties and varieties of coffee making equipments available in the market ..i have tried out quite a few and have found one method of making coffee which works well for me .. and im sharing it here for those of you coffee lovers who would like to try ..
1. In a plan, pour water and coffee powder, heat till it just starts boiling.
2. Pass the mixture through a cloth to get the decoction.
3. In a coffee tumbler, put sugar, 1 ounce of the prepared decoction and pour boiling hot milk from a height.
4. Take another tumbler or bowl, pour the prepared coffee from a height, again transfer the content to the tumbler. Repeat this process several time to get the best flavor.
5. Serve hot with breakfast or your choice of snack.
Coffee is a major social institution of South Indian and can be described as being an icon of Kannada culture. It is a revered tradition in most households. One sip of this delicious drink will make you understand why filter coffee is such a revered beverage down South. Watch this video to learn how to brew coffee south Indian style, without a filter or any coffee making device.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 680 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg3.8%
Sodium 137.9 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 34 g68.3%
Vitamin A 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
South Indian Coffee Making Made Easier Recipe Video