engai is a popular south indian curry which is mostly made using yengai powder, potatoes and brinjals ; it can be a good side dish with chapatis, poori etc. and when mixed with rice and served it is called a vaangi bhat .( u can also mix with rava upma ) ..
4 , boiled, mashed
4 , chopped
Black mustard seed
4 , ground
1⁄2 Inch, ground
20 Gram, ground
1. Boil and mash potatoes.
2. Cut onion into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Ground green chili, ginger, curry leaves and cilantro leaves.
4. In a wok, heat oil, add mustard seeds and jeera. When it splutters, add turmeric powder and the chili paste, allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add onions, cook covered on low flame till the water evaporates.
6. Add potato and salt, toss to combine all the ingredients, remove from fire, add lime juice and mix.
There are several popular South Indian curries and this one is one of them. This is one from north Karnataka. A spicy-sour brinjal and potatoes curry, Yengai can be eaten with chapattis or can use tossed with boiled rice to make Vaangi Bhaat, another popular rice preparation. Watch this video to learn how to make the authentic version of this dry, tamarind soured brinjal curry at home.
Yengai ( Curry ) And Vaangi Bhat Making Made Easier Recipe Video, South Indian Brinjal And Potato Curry