Thattai Making Made Easier
|Rice flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coconut powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Curry leaves||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Roasted gram||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Chop green chili and curry leaves.
2. In a mixing bowl, place rice flour, coconut powder, green chili, curry leaves, salt, roasted gram. Add water and add make a dough.
3. Make ping pong ball sized balls of the prepared dough.
4. Place dough between two plastic sheets, flatten the dough to make thinnest possible circle.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the prepared circles until they turn light golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve as an evening snack with coffee.
Calories 792 Calories from Fat 571
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.2%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 248.1 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet