Thattai Making Made Easier
|Rice flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coconut powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Curry leaves||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Roasted gram||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Chop green chili and curry leaves.
2. In a mixing bowl, place rice flour, coconut powder, green chili, curry leaves, salt, roasted gram. Add water and add make a dough.
3. Make ping pong ball sized balls of the prepared dough.
4. Place dough between two plastic sheets, flatten the dough to make thinnest possible circle.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the prepared circles until they turn light golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve as an evening snack with coffee.