Thattai is an easy savoury snack which can be preserved for a few days after making and is very popular with most people..
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Chop green chili and curry leaves.
2. In a mixing bowl, place rice flour, coconut powder, green chili, curry leaves, salt, roasted gram. Add water and add make a dough.
3. Make ping pong ball sized balls of the prepared dough.
4. Place dough between two plastic sheets, flatten the dough to make thinnest possible circle.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the prepared circles until they turn light golden brown and crisp.
South India is famous for its variety of savory snacks. Thattai is probably one them, second most popular to murukku. There are so many recipes for making thattai, but it is important then this fried snack turns out crispy more than crumbly and porous. Watch this video to get a very simple, straightforward home version recipe of this yummy snack.