|Pudding rice/Other normal rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole milk||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Clean, wash and drain the rice.
2. Pour the milk into a heavy bottomed pan. Sprinkle in the saffron threads.
3. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, bring the milk to the boil over moderately high heat.
4. Reduce the heat and add the rice and boil gently for 25 – 30 min.
5. Stir constantly with a smooth, sweeping action.
6. When the rice becomes creamy and slightly thick, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the sugar, mix well and allow the sweet rice to cool slightly and serve warm.
You can also offer this as neivedhyam.