|Dried chickpeas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium vegetable bouillon cube||1|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|No salt added tomato paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Bring the chickpeas and 2 cups of water to a simmer in a medium-size saucepan, and cook 2 minutes. Cover the pan and refrigerate overnight.
2. Bring the chickpeas to a boil over medium heat, cover and cook 15 minutes. Add the lentils, onion and bouillon cube, and simmer 45 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the ginger, tomato paste, vinegar, honey, cumin, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. For the dough, place the whole-wheat flour, 1 cup of the bread flour, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the remaining salt in a food processor. With the machine running, add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of water and process 45 seconds, or until a smooth, elastic dough is formed. Place the dough in a plastic bag, close the bag and set the dough aside to rest in a warm place about 30 minutes.
4. Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the dough into a 15-inch disk. Brush the dough with the remaining oil, then roll it into a log. With a rolling pin, flatten the log slightly, sealing the ends. Cut the log crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Place one piece of dough on the work surface and roll it out to a 5-inch disk. Place a scant 2 tablespoons of the chickpea mixture on the circle of dough, bring the edges together in the center and pinch them to seal the paratha. Turn the paratha over and flatten it to a 4-inch disk. Repeat with the remaining dough, placing the parathas on a sheet of waxed paper.
5. Heat a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 3 parathas at a time, seam side down, in the skillet and cook 5 minutes, then turn them and cook 3 minutes more. Turn them again and cook for another minute. Cook the remaining parathas in the same fashion.