Neer dosa is one of the famous dosa from Dakshin Kannada and Udupi district. Neer means water in Kannada and tulu. This goes well with sambar or chutney or ravo (Melted jaggery to which either powdered cardamom or coconut is added). Its called as neer dosa because the batter is very thin like water.
||1 Cup (16 tbs)
||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
|| To Taste
1. Soak rice for 4-5 hrs or overnight.
2. Grind it with salt and coconut.
3. Make the batter very thin using enough water.
4. Heat a tawa and throw the batter over it to prepare the dosa. (since the batter is watery you can not spread the dosas).
5. Usually these dosas are cooked from only one side. If you are using a non stick tawa you can cook it on both sides.
6. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
One of my favorite dosas. Very easy to prepare and goes well with almost any curry or chutney.
Neer Dosa Recipe