1. On a bowl, place a muslin or a cheese cloth lined strainer.
2. Pour the yogurt and drain all the excess water, let the water get collected in the bowl.
3. Once done gently squeeze the excess water from the yogurt, using your hands.
4. Move the yogurt with strainer and bowl into the refrigerator for 6-8 hours to drain excess water.
5. After 6-8 hours the yogurt will become thick in consistency.
6. Dissolve saffron in warm milk; add the sugar, cardamom powder and the saffron milk to the yogurt.
7. Beat well until the sugar is dissolved, using a hand mixer.
8. Add the almond and pistachios reserving some for garnish.
9. Once done chill the shrikhand in the refrigerator.
10. Serve the shrikhand with puri.
When the water is draining from the yogurt, it’s suggested to keep the yogurt in the refrigerator in order to keep the yogurt from becoming sour.