|Fine wheat flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fine semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Suji)|
|Grated jaggery||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Gur Or 1 Cup Sugar)|
|Crushed cardamom||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon (To Fry)|
1.Place the flour and the semolina in a dekchi (deep vessel) along with the milk, curds, jaggery and the pinch of salt.
2. Beat at least for 5 to 7 minutes so that the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
3. Pound the cardamoms coarsely & add to the mixture.
4.Heat two tablespoons of ghee and pour over the mixture.
5.Mix well, cover the dekchi and let stand for 7/8 hours in a warm place.
6.The mixture would have risen by this time. Stir it well. If it is thick, add a little milk or water to bring it to the pouring consistency.
7. Add and blend in it the pinch of soda and juice lime. Stir is nuts if using.
8.Place a deep frying pan with lot of ghee in it, when it is heated lower the fire, gently put in one tablespoon of the ready batter into the heated ghee.
9.Fry to a golden brown colour on both sides.
10. While frying spoon ghee over the pancake, to make it porous and crisp.
11. Take out with a slotted spoon & place in a strainer so that the extra ghee drips down.
12.Fry remaining malpuas.
13. Serve them hot topped with fresh "Malai" or cream.
Calories 1516 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.9 mg10.6%
Sodium 256.2 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 321 g107%
Dietary Fiber 32.2 g128.6%
Sugars 105.5 g
Protein 43 g85.9%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 67.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet