This is a very simple vegetarian dish, served along with rice or flat bread.
1⁄2 Medium, chop
1 Medium, chop
Red chill powder
1⁄4 Medium, chop
4 Small, divided
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, chop (and divided)
For the chana daal
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Chop the onions, tomatoes, corriander and cabbage, set aside.
2. Boil the chana daal with salt and haldi until cooked.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and onion. When onion is transparent add red chilli powder and haldi and finally add the tomatoes.
4. Cover it and on low heat cook the tomatoes for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened up.
5. Add some water followed by red chili and chana daal.
6. Add coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add cabbage and stir well.
8. Add some tomato ketchup. And cook for some time or until the cabbage is cooked.
9. Once done turn off the heat and garnish with coriander and red chili.
10. Serve the daal gobi sabzi with you rice or flat bread.