Making of guava curry is shown here by ONEMAN SHOW . SPECIALLY the deseeding step is critical in using the highly seeded Mexican GUAVA fruit.
Red chili pepper powder
Cumin coriander powder
1. Cut off the ends of each guava. Cut in halves and scoop out the central part.
2. Strain the pulpy part to separate the pulp from seeds.
3. In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and sauté well.
4. Add guava and mix well. Cook for 2-4 minutes at high heat.
5. Lower the heat then stir in the turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili pepper, sugar, salt, cumin coriander powder and jaggery.
6. Pour in lemon juice and guava pulp. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve the Guava Curry with rice or bread.
If you are looking for ways to impress your guests over meals, try your hands in Bhal Dave's exotic guava curry. This fruity curry can be prepared at home with available ingredients and served with rice or roti.