Chevda, A Curry Flavored Party Mix For All Ages
|Cheerios||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rise crispies||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole grain cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chex)|
|Peanuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cashew nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄4 Pound|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sev||1 Pound (Indian Vermicelli)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Shredded wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Corn flakes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Optional)|
1. In a large vessel over medium heat, pour oil and heat it. Add mustard, cumin and sesame seeds and let them pop.
2. Lower the heat and add red pepper, garlic, sev and garam masala. Saute them for one minute.
3. Add coconut, cheerios, rice crispies and whole grain. Stir constantly for a few minutes then add peanuts, almonds and cashew nuts.
4. Keep stirring until the nuts are crisp. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer the chevda to airtight container
5. Serve the Chevda as a tasty snack and enjoy!