Oneman Show presents Hard Boiled Eggs In Curried Dal or Legume Soup recipe. A perfectly balanced meal with proteins, carbohydrates,fats and minerals.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 , chopped finely
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
Red bell pepper
1⁄2 , chopped
1 , chopped
2 Clove (10 gm), mince
1 Teaspoon, mince
1 , chopped
Red chili powder
Dry red chili
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely
1. In a pot boil the eggs in water for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and cut the eggs into halves.
2. In a large pan cook the dal with water. Keep on simmer.
3. In a skillet, heat the oil. Add garlic, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, green chili, red chili, jalapeno and onion. Saute them well.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, cloves, salt and cane sugar and mix well.
5. Pour in the lemon juice and keep stirring. Stir in the tomatoes, carrots and red bell pepper.
6. Add this mixture into the dal and mix well. Put the eggs and gently mix with the gravy.
7. Transfer the curry to serving bowls and microwave 6 minutes.
8. Serve the Egg and Dal Curry with pita bread, basmati rice and fresh cilantro.
The easiest way to devour eggs is to dump it into curries. Chef Bhal Dave deviates from the standard egg curry recipe however, to prepare a luscious Indian egg curry with lentils. Healthy, wholesome and highly appeasing, this one's worth a try!