FOR MUNG BEAN SOUP
1. Soak the mung beans in water overnight. Drain well and set aside.
2. In a pot over medium heat, pour water and add soaked mung beans. Cook for 20 minutes until tender, then simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice. Stir well.
4. In a pan, heat olive oil, add cumin, cloves and black pepper.
5. Saute well and pour in to the soup. Mix well.
6. Serve the Mung Bean Soup with toasted bread.
FOR NOODLE SOUP
1. In a pot, boil water and cook the noodles.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil. Stir in the onion, garlic, mushrooms, frozen peas and fry altogether.
3. Add into the noodles and mix well.
4. Serve the noodle soup with hot/soy sauce.
If you are craving for a sip of Indian soup, here it comes! Straight from India, Bhal Dave's style of healthy soups prepared with mung dal to be served with toast. When you want to energise yourself, now you know where to go!
Soups Galore, My Favorite Soups Part 2 Recipe Video