ONE-MAN show describes a eazy to make snacks for kids and adults alike to go with tea or coffee. Recipe is an AMERICAN adaptation of classic FERMENTED/LEAVENED recipe from SURAT,GUJARAT INDIA. ENJOY!
3 Cup (48 tbs)
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Teaspoon (1 - 2 Tsp used)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Low fat yogurt used)
Canola oil/Vegetable oil
1 Cup (16 tbs)
To grease the cookie sheet
2 Dash (For greasing)
1. Preheat the oven at 300 F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
3. Mix Bisquick and all purpose flour and sift them .
4. Add the oil and fresh yogurt to make a dough, (add water if needed). Add the cumin seeds and combine.
5. Divide into 36 balls, roll and flatten them into small cookies, lay them flat on the greased cookie sheet, and bake at 300 F in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes in the lower rack until the one side of the biscuits turn golden brown.
6. Then place the cookie sheet in the top rack and broil for 2 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to the lowest (170 F) and cook for 120 minutes.
8. Once done, remove from the oven, cool immediately and store in air tight containers.
9. Serve with a hot cup of Indian tea (masala chai) or coffee.
Looking for a homemade tea-time snack? Try these cripsy, flavorful golden biscuits from Surat that are sure treat for the tastebuds. Chef Bhal Dave shares the recipe with us in this video and step-by-step details the method. By following the recipe to the T, even you can bake some cripsy, golden biscuits at home.