ONEMAN show gives a quick recipe for making curried potatoes with peas and simple ideas to make other similar curried vegetable dishes; dry or with gravy. ENJOY THEM MAKING IT YOUR SELF.
4 Medium, boiled, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1 large white onion used)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Spices for seasoning
Coriander and cumin powder
For the garnish
2 Tablespoon, chopped
1. Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes. Peel and dice them, set aside.
2. Heat a saucepan at medium heat with oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add the chopped onions, frozen peas and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the cooked potatoes, seasonings, mix well to combine all the spices with the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice, stir and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
6. Serve with naan, roti, rice or paratha.
If you prefer a gravy for the vegetable dish, add 1/2 cup of water or 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (3 medium tomatoes)/2 tbsp tomato paste.
The given recipe may be used as a filling for batatavada or as a filling in a vegetable sandwich.
If you love Indian potato curry but didn't knew how to prepare at home, watch this video! Very easy to prepare yet delicious, this simple curry can be made in minutes. Just follow the method, try once & get addicted!