Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup
|Bratwurst sausage||150 Gram|
|Vanilla oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||3⁄4 , chopped|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red lentils||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
2. Cut the butternut squash in quarters; remove the seeds, put them in a cookie sheet, and drizzle with vanilla oil.
3. Season it with salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
5. Scoop out the meat and set aside.
6. Spray a medium skillet, cook the sausage and put it aside in a small container.
7. Saute onions, carrots, and celery stalks with vanilla oil in a soup pot. Add butternut squash, cinnamon, chicken broth, and lentils.
8. Let it cook for about 20 €“ 35 minutes until lentils are thoroughly cooked. Add water and adjust seasoning if necessary.
9. Remove from heat and pour soup in a bowl. Top with sausage and fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.6 mg9.9%
Sodium 528.3 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.7%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 18 g35.4%
Vitamin A 299% Vitamin C 42.9%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet