2. Cut the butternut squash in quarters; remove the seeds, put them in a cookie sheet, and drizzle with vanilla oil.
3. Season it with salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
5. Scoop out the meat and set aside.
6. Spray a medium skillet, cook the sausage and put it aside in a small container.
7. Saute onions, carrots, and celery stalks with vanilla oil in a soup pot. Add butternut squash, cinnamon, chicken broth, and lentils.
8. Let it cook for about 20 €“ 35 minutes until lentils are thoroughly cooked. Add water and adjust seasoning if necessary.
9. Remove from heat and pour soup in a bowl. Top with sausage and fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
Looking for a nutritious and delicious soup? Your search ends with Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup. This is a hearty soup which utilizes the flavor of all the ingredients. Serve it topped with sausages and this becomes a healthy and filling meal in itself.