Creamy Palak Paneer
|Cumin coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic – ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash spinach thoroughly.
2. In a pressure cooker, add spinach & tomato. Add a cup of water & pressure cook it for 5 mins.
3. If using frozen paneer, defrost it. And then, cut into small rectangular (1’ x ½’) cubes.
4. Finely chop onion & Tomatoes.
5. Shallow Fry these paneer cubes & drop them in a bowl of cold water as soon as you take out from the oil after frying. This step helps remove the excess oil & keeps the paneer cubes soft.
6. Take only 2 tsp of the oil from the oil used for frying & store or discard the rest.
7. In a pan, heat the oil & then add chopped Onions.
8. Fry them until light brown, and then add chopped tomatoes, ginger – garlic paste & cumin – coriander powder & red chilli powder.
9. Once the pressure cooker cools down, open & blend the mixture.
10. Add the mixture to the pan. 1
11. Now add the fried paneer cubes.
12. Mix well & let cook covered for 5 minutes
13. Serve hot with rice or chapati or roti.
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.2 mg2.1%
Sodium 286 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet