|Baby eggplants||6 (Purple Variety)|
|White sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Garlic pods/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste||2|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (Jeera)|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon (Malli Podi)|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Tamarind||1 Teaspoon (A Small Lemon Sized Ball)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Dry roast the peanuts and sesame seeds separately until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Then, grind together with the coconut and little water to form a smooth paste.
2. Extract the tamarind paste in 1 cup warm water. Grind the ginger and garlic together if using fresh gg paste.
3. Fry the brinjals in oil until soft but still holds shape. Drain and set aside. In the same oil, fry the onions and ginger garlic paste until golden. Then add the ground paste and fry for a minute.
4. To this, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, jeera, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and fry for another minute.
5. Add the tamarind water, mix, then add the brinjals and cook closed for 5-10 mins. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89.8 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.1%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet