Spicy Matar Paneer
|Whole garam masala||1 Pinch|
|Cashew nuts||5 Gram|
|Chili powder||10 Gram|
|Coriander sprig||1 (With Leaves)|
|Coriander powder||10 Gram|
|Cumin seeds||5 Gram|
|Cumin powder||10 Gram|
|Garlic – ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Kasoori methi||3 Pinch|
1. For preparing the mattar paneer, heat little oil in a pan add little cashew nuts and lightly fry them.
2. Then add chopped onion and tomatoes, salt and sauté for a while till the onions get lightly brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and little turmeric. Fry till the raw flavor of ginger and garlic goes.
4. Remove all this mixture and grind the mixture to a fine paste.
5. Now heat the same pan with remaining oil and add cumin seeds, whole garam masala (cardamom, cloves, mace, bay leaves and cinnamon stick).
6. After it splutters, add the ground paste into it and cook them in low flame.
7. Add chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and continue to fry for another 2 minutes.
8. Bring them to boil and after that add kasuri methi and green peas.
9. Cook them for about 4-5 minutes and add the paneer cubes into them. Cover it with lid and cook them for another 4-5 minutes.
10. Finally add the heavy cream and bring them into boil.
11. Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve it hot with naan, parathas, chapatis or rotis.